When you visit Lazy H Campground, there’s plenty of things to do in the region, too. Here’s a sampling of some of the attractions – all less than an hour’s drive.
- Big Sioux River Adventures: Looking for an exciting outdoor adventure? Big Sioux River Adventures invites you to paddle down this winding river in your choice of a kayak or canoe. You will be able to choose the length of your journey, from 2 hours up to 7.
- Broken Kettle Wine Cellars
- Dirks Hardware and Appliances
- Golf Course
- Joe’s Café
- Opera House: Come to see a show performed by local actors on this historic opera house stage just minutes away from the campground. Seasonal shows are scheduled year round.
- South Street Plaza: Visit local businesses such as Twin Flames Massage & Wellness Centre, Mindy's Designs, Expressive Arts Studio & Blue Door Gallery and the Down Under Coffee Club and Workshop!
- Thorson Drug
Other Area Attractions:
- Big Sioux River: Fisherman take to the Big Sioux for catfish and other freshwater fishing. The river is just minutes away.
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream Visitor’s Center: Who doesn’t love ice cream? Come on – this one is a gimme. Just 25 miles east of the Lazy H, it’s all about the fresh ice cream from Blue Bunny. Learn some history, enjoy a big bowl of the cold stuff and relax – you’re in good hands.
- Broken Kettle Grasslands Preserve
- Calico Skies Vineyards: In the far northwest corner of Iowa, Calico Skies makes wines unique to the Big Sioux River valley. Check out their tasting room, or stop by for live music.
- Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center: A beautiful outdoor campus just 20 miles south of the Lazy H including a nature center featuring highlights and history of the Loess Hills, numerous hiking trails, wildlife, an outdoor playscape and more. A real outdoor treat!
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: You know the Hard Rock name. This one features some of the finest floor gambling, restaurants and music memorabilia worn by global music superstars. And check out their concerts – inside at the Anthem and outside in Battery Park.
- Jackson Street Brewing Co.: Check out Sioux City’s only brewery and get local with your craft beer. Buy a growler of special brews which change with the seasons.
- LaunchPad Children’s Museum: Great mix of learning activities for kids and families just 30 miles south of Lazy H. Learn about agriculture, architecture, and cooking, among other learning opportunities.
- Milwaukee Railroad Museum: This classic museum is all about Sioux City’s railroad history – from huge steam engines to an HO scale model railroad house. Big events include the Ag Rail Fest. About 25 miles south of the Lazy H.
- Sioux City Public Museum: All things Sioux City – from the history of Gateway 2000 to the stockyards, it’s all there. In fact, this old river town has been home to many historic firsts. Check it out.
- University of South Dakota
- Valient Vineyards: A unique experience that’s just 20 miles west of the Lazy H. Sample wines, buy regional goods and learn more about the South Dakota grape that makes this wine one of a kind.